International checklist

Welcome to Union Adventist University in Lincoln, Nebraska, USA

International students comprise nearly nine percent of our campus family. Students from around the world have found a safe, welcoming home at Union Adventist University. We hope you will too.

Most information on this website related to tuition, scholarships and the acceptance process is the same regardless of your citizenship. This online checklist is to help international students confidently complete steps from application to the first day of classes.


1. Get accepted to Union Adventist University

Fill out the application (online)

NOTE: The international application deadline is June 1 for the fall semester and November 1 for the spring semester.

Send academic records

  • If your school is on an American or British education system, please have your school's records office submit your official transcript by emailing to
  • If you attend a school NOT on an American or British education system, you must submit your transcripts using the World Education Services website (

Submit English proficiency test scores (students whose first language is not English must score one of the following minimums):

  • 5.5 on the International English Language Test System (IELTS) 
  • 60 on the TOEFL iBT (computer based)
  • 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)

(Send to


2: Complete paperwork for the I-20 student visa

Note: Send these documents to

Submit affidavit of support form (download the pdf)—Complete the affidavit of support to demonstrate your ability to cover costs of tuition, room, board, books and fees for your course of study. 

Submit bank statements—submit a copy of your parents' or sponsors' bank statement to show proof of sufficient income to support you during your course of study. 

Submit a copy of your passport photo page to ensure that we issue the I-20 with the correct information.

Pay international confirmation deposit—Union Adventist University requires a $5,000 deposit before issuing an I-20, of which $4,000 will be immediately applied to your student account. The remaining $1,000 is held as a deposit and applied to your student account upon completion of your program or withdrawal. The entire deposit will be refunded if you do not enroll. Funds may be paid online at (select "international confirmation deposit") or wired to Union Adventist University (you will receive instructions after you have applied and been accepted).

If you already have an I-20 and are in the United States

If you are currently in the United States on an I-20 student visa, then please download and fill out this PDF form and return via email or post (instructions are on the form).

International Student Request to Transfer to Union Adventist University form

After you have been accepted ...


3. Set up your financial plan

Fill out the Financial Questionnaire. You'll need to log into to Union's student portal using your UC-ID. Click the piggy bank icon and then select Financial Aid Questionnaire from the menu.
NOTE: the Financial Questionnaire will be available on November 15.

Talk to a financial aid advisor. They will clear up any details, answer questions and finalize your financial plan.

Finish your financial steps under the "To Do" tab on "My Financial Aid" on your Portal account (instructions emailed to you after acceptance).


Nearly every student at Union Adventist University gets some level of scholarships. Our scholarships for international students are based on your grades. Our Records Office will translate your grades into the American 4.0 GPA system when we receive your transcripts. However, you can see information about grade conversions provided by World Education Services here.

  • 2024-2025

Merit-based scholarships for international students (2024-2025)

Grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale

Scholarship awarded per year

3.9 and a 33 or higher ACT score

Full tuition ($27,984)

3.8 - 4.0 


3.5 - 3.79


3.25 - 3.49


3.0 - 3.24


2.99 or lower



4. Obtain a student visa

When you receive your I-20, make an appointment with the U.S. Embassy in your home country to apply for a student visa. You must pay the SEVIS fee before making the appointment (


5. Make your first payment

You can pay your first month's payment at Your International confirmation deposit will be automatically applied to your first month's payment.


6. Submit other required forms

Start with the Residence Hall Housing form to reserve your room and help the deans select the best roommate for you. Click here to submit.

Your registration checklist in Union's student portal will walk you through more of what you need. 


6. Fill out health forms and submit immunization records

You will need to complete a series of health forms through the uHealth portal before you can begin classes. If you are under the age of 19, additional forms will be required to be signed by a legal guardian, such as a parent. Access to the uHealth portal requires the same log in information as uGroups, Portal and other Union Adventist University systems. For some documents requiring signatures, you will need to upload a scan or high-resolution photo of the document through uHealth

After logging in to uHealth, you will be required to submit: 

  • Personal Health History Form (may be completed online by the student or guardian) 
  • Required immunization records (these may be obtained from your physician and then scanned and uploaded in the uHealth portal). You need proof of the following: 
    • MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) two vaccines after the first birthday or an antibody lab titer proving immunity.
    • Meningococcal vaccines (PDF) (1 shot at 16 years or older) or a waiver form signed if living in the residence hall (must be signed by parent if student is under 19 years old).
    • Upload your completed Tuberculosis Screen Questionnaire (available through uHealthand submit the results of a quantiferon test.
      • Students can receive the test in the Campus Health office if one cannot be obtained prior to arrival. If skin test is positive, you will need to get an IGRA lab test completed called a Quantiferon or T-SPOT.
      • If the lab result is positive, a chest x-ray is necessary to check for tuberculosis. One visit to an infectious disease specialist may be required.
  • Students younger than 19: Medical Treatment Authorization to Minors. This needs to be printed, signed by a parent or legal guardian and then upload a scan or image of it to the uHealth portal.
  • Consider the additional recommended vaccines*:
    • Tetanus (Tdap) to be within the past 10 years
    • Polio series (3-4 shots)
    • Varicella (chickenpox) vaccines (2 shots) or Varicella lab titer proving immunity.
    • Hepatitis B series (3 shots) or lab titer proving immunity. 
      *If you are participating in the physician assistantnursing or international rescue and relief program, or you will be traveling internationally on a Union-sponsored mission trip, you will be required to have these four vaccines.

Please allow some time to process all incoming health data. If you have questions, please contact the Campus Health office at

Making the trip to Lincoln.

Traveling information

Making new friends, meeting teachers and joining a new community.

  • Important dates—Click here to learn more about new student move and uConnect, including dates and times.
  • Airport pick up—You can get free Lincoln or Omaha airport transportation for new students and their parents. Email your itinerary and contact information at least seven days before arrival to ensure pick up from the airport.